what a show hud mo gave us in manchester last night, funded by the ‘red bull music academy’, we witnessed a fantastic spectacle of 3D visuals and a multi-cosmic light show that would have surely induced brain damage in weaker minds. wizards are better were also lucky enough to grab a sexy little interview with the glaswegian god as well. exclusive!
>>first of all, what a great show! the music and visuals were out of this world. how did you afford all these wonderful gadgets?
“thank you very much, glad you enjoyed the night. red bull have been very generous in providing funding for up and coming artists and have put up a very nice amount of cash to help get these new sounds out there. having a VDJ and, of course, olivier daysoul was good indeed “
>>so what’s new for hudson mohawke in 2010?
“well apart from continuing my work on WARP label i’ll hopefully be producing a few bands and artists.”
“i’m keeping that very secret at the moment! i’ve jinxed myself in the past with these things so i’m definitely keeping it under wraps till it’s completely confirmed but watch out!”
>>what are your plans for the live show??
“well this is something i have been working on and i do think it’s all heading somewhere but it’s hard to say right now.”
>>so daft punk pyramid or spinal tap stonehenge?
“haha! we’ve actually had discussions about the stonehenge thing! but somehow i think not!”
>>what artists are you really into at the moment??
“oh dear, i always freeze up when people ask me this. i need my itunes library in front of me! but of the top off my head i’d have to say crystal clear, doing good things at the moment.” (not the drum and bass artists by the way, check Botanika label)
>>i must also ask what that grimey hud-step behemoth you dropped right at the end of your set was! it was such a surprise after the fairly carefree set i think i even saw some people melt!
“bit embarrassing but i have no idea! it’s been sitting in my computer as ‘untitled’ for a long time and has just stayed that way.”
>>and finally i’d like to offer you honorary wizardship!
“what an honour! yes please…….does it come with a wand or something??”
well i hope you all enjoyed that and all i can say is you’ve gotta see this guy live and if you do have the chance beg, steal and borrow to procure yourself a ticket! AND if you haven’t got the album yet it’s now got to the point where i actually just want to hurt you. simples. eek.
nadav ravid (AKA NDV) has already established himself as a well known, tasteful club and radio DJ (presenting the alternative music magazine on the most popular music station, GLGLZ), a music reviewer and member of the Polar Pair production duo the man is also one of the integral memebers of the up’n’coming Israeli label and dj crew BOTANIKA! his latest release on botanika, south bridge, is a beautiful ep.
‘south bridge is a big, shiny scaffold, connecting the southern hemisphere continents, namely Africa and South America, with an imaginary spot in London. It’s linking the London heritage of heavy bass, broken beats & UK funky with Afro-Latin rhythms and percussion – from afro-techno beats to acidic cumbia.’
have a listen! and give it a buy!
Posted in Uncategorized
shinichi osawa – EEAA (mustard pimp remix)
Here’s an array of tracks thumping around the 128 bpm mark.
When it comes to making electro bangers, Blatta & Inesha top my list. This track is no different, some massive usage of the Mightyfools sample pack!
KICK-OH – STOMPIN FT. DREW (BLATTA & INESHA STOMP ON YA PUSS REMIX)
Another release from the my up and coming artist Beataucue. Here they dum it down a bit, staying away from loud squeaky synths and bringing a massive amount of rhythm and smoothness yet keeping their trully penetrating kick drum. They remix new tribal/tech house producer French Fries who I also highly rate, look out for some of his releases.
FRENCH FRIES – PREDATOR (BEATAUCUE REMIX)
Released late last year, The Subs have created an Egyptian techlectro masterpiece! Really loving this one.
THE SUBS – MITSUBITCHI
This track was released even later last year, an absolute fucking banger from Japanese geeza Apajai. Nasty dirty bass.
AJAPAI – WHAT DO YOU HEAR
Blog Fluokids and Scion A/V have teamed up to make a 5 track sampler to represent their 5 years in the blogosphere. Here’s one off the sampler by tech hero Renaissance Man with their usual high quality.
RENAISSANCE MAN – FLUTE LOOP
I posted a few Alvaro tracks in 2009, I think he produces some really good ravy tribal house. I can’t seem to find him on myspace though, so I kow nothing about him! Here’s another great track by this elusive man.
CHELLEY – TOOK THE NIGHT (ALVARO REMIX)
Lee gets down and wobbly once more, this time remixing Cold Blank.
COLD BLANK – LOS ANGELES (LEE MORTIMER REMIX)
Posted in Afrotribalcongocbongomental, BASS, Fidget/Wobble, heavy banging electro, Housey mousey, Minimal, techy smechy, tropical
Tagged ajapai, alvaro, beataucue, blatta & inesha, chelley, cold blank, french fries, kick-oh!, Lee Mortimer, renaissance man, the subs
i’ve been a big follower of fact magazine since fact 1, the first in the now beautifully established free media outfit. these guys are some of, if not the only, established journalists and writers who really know the score!! this is their mix by SULLY, they said, among many other things,
“Anyone with half an interest in swinging, percussive garage and gorgeous, enveloping melodies should have a full interest in Sully’s FACT mix – it features new, untitled productions from your man, plus fresh material from Kowton, Sbtrkt and more.”
read more here>>
Sbtrkt & Sampha – Break Off (Ramp)
Sully – Untitled
Sully – In Some Pattern (Keysound)
Kowton – Stasis (G Mix) (Keysound)
Sully – Untitled
LV ft. Errol Bellot – Don’t Judge (Fantastic Mr Fox Mix) (2nd Drop)
Emma – Rainbow Dust Pt II
Desto – Lost Bits
King Thing – Different Spin (Furioso)
Sully – Untitled
kieran hebden, aka (the most magnificent) FOUR TET, has in ‘there is love in you’ LP delivered most possibly one of the best albums of the year in january. the audacity, i know!! a slight departure from some of his more ambient albums; this one’s got a penchant for dancing. there’s a full stream of his album linked below for your aural pleasure and a taster track. however, this is one to fork out those pennies for. enjoy
I was very pleased to find out that Zombies For Money is a collaboration between tribal electro genius DJ Manaia and fellow Portguese electro house producer Klipar. I was also pleased to find out that they’d released an EP last month….for free! Now Zombies For Money are re-releasing the EP, revamped with remixes from the likes of Malente & Jay Robinson, Foamo and another Portoguese producer Drop Ten. The Breaks Ida. record will drop on Beatport on 25th of February . Here’s a teaser of the EP with all the superb tracks which will feature.
01. Bhangra Dance [00.00]
02. Bhangra Dance (Malente & Jay Robinson Rmx) [01.55]
03. Sacanagem [04.20]
04. Sacanagem (Drop Top Rmx) [06.00]
05. Numbra One [08.10]
06. Numbra One (Foamo Rmx) [10.00]
07. Bhangra Dance (Zeder Remix) [11.55]
And here’s the original tracks in all their greatness!
And their December mix:-
01. Zombies For Money – Intro (Part Taken From LA Riots Mx)
02. Kick Oh – Black Celebration (SonicC Rmx)
03. The Subs – Mitsubitchi
04. Dj Mouse – Cytrus
05. French Fries ft. Bambounou – Coconut
06. Diplo & Laidback Luke – Hey! (Jaimie Fanatic & DJ Rockid Rmx)
07. Dopefish – They Call It Murder (Zombie Edit)
08. Drop The Lime – Devils Eyes (Diplo Rmx)
09. Zombies For Money – Sacanagem
10. Sound of Stereo – Zipper (Dj Manaia Rmx)
11. Reekay Garcia – Back To The Beat (Riva Starr Rmx)
12. Zombies For Money – Numbra One
13. Yolanda Be Cool – Afro Nuts (Douster Rmx)
14. Renaissance Man – Canto Della Kalimba Bootcut
15. Daniel Haaksman ft. MC Militihno – Kid Conga (HighBloo Rmx)
16. Project Cyborg – Ohoh!
17. Autoerotique – Gladiator (Torro Torro Rmx)
18. Drop The Lime – Devil Eyes (BeatauCue Rmx)
19. Rolvario ft. Pablo Vegas – That’s How It Goes
20. SonicC – Saiph
21. Lazy Flow – Mambo Fever (Kid Kaio Low & High Rmx)
22. Riot Kid – Darjeling
23. Zombies For Money – Bhangra Dance
24. MadKids – Porcelain Fountains
25. Taio Cruz – Break Your Heart (Savage Skulls Rmx)
26. Will Bailey & Hot Mouth – Set It Off
27. LA Riots – The Drop
28. Blatta & Inesha – Bite Your Lip (Congorock Rmx)
And another brilliant mix by Klipar!
01. Elite Force – No Turning Back (Mowgli & Solo Rmx)
02. Nic Sarno – Perculator
03. Riva Starr – Riva Snake
04. Solo – The Big Stef
05. Riva Starr ft. Noze – I Was Drunk
06. Shopliftas – Yhere It Izzz
07. Solo – Rawmania (BetauCue Rmx)
08. Zombies For Money – Numbra One
09. Dooze Jackers – Got Line
10. Digital Manges – Manges (Sharkslayer Dub)
11. Hot Mouth, Nom De Strip – 50000
12. Reboot – Enjoy Music (Riva Starr Rmx)
13. Fake Blood – I Think I like It
14. Mele – Shake
15. Mightyfools – Hoo Haa
16. Egonoise – Positron Final
17. Tocadisco, Nadia Ali – Better Run (Afrojack Rmx)
18. Laidback Luke & Lee Mortimer – Blau (Doorly Rmx)
19. The Subs – Mitsubitchi
20. Zombies For Money – Bhangra Dance
21. Malente, Jay Robinson – What A Bass
22. Tonka – Jack Track (Black Noise VIP Rmx)
23. Klipar – Go Go (Exclusive)
24. Malente, Jay Robinson – Drop Dead
25. Disco Of Doom – Warpig
26. Chuckie – Let The Bass Kick
27. Klipar – Wona No Me (Exclusive)