WITH a brand shiny new mixtape out, not to mention a whole damn new label, UDACHI is on the brink of becoming one of the biggest, baddest, most bassed out wonder-creatures on america’s east coast – so the wizards thought it was about time to find out what really gets mr udachi and his wobbly rave brain going – I – I – I – I – I -N – T – E – R – V – I – E -W ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !
So you, AC slater and b rich – a tripod of banging bass heads from NYC & Boston – have recently launched your very own label – party like us records – what should we expect from this GIGANTIC electro alliance?
Man… i can’t even begin to tell you how excited i am for this label, as of right now we have the namesake single out by big bass bully AC Slater “party like us”. With remixes by yours truly, Bulgarian, Kanji Kinetic and Shy child! Next up we have AC’s banGer hitting the virtual shelves of our favorite digi stores with remix cuts from non other than Trouble and Bass big daddy himself Drop the Lime + more! (GET IT BELOW!)
After that we have a new artist called BOLTAN ( http://www.myspace.com/itsboltan ) coming out with a 5 track EP of lot’s of good trippy big room dub weirdness, some bassline, some techno, something for everybody! Followed up by a remix of the Boltan EP in the works with DZ, Blatta & Inesha, Mightyfools + more!
I think after that we have the B Rich EP so far from the few track’s i’ve heard it looks to be a monster of a release, some up to date 2 step mayhem, and some crazy dub killers that im afraid to even talk about, or basslines might crack my skull open in my sleep.
( freebies courtesy of udachi!!!)
PLUR002 – Release Date March 31, 2009
Ac Slater – “BanGer”
your style definitely cannot be put into any sort of box, but the insane blend of stomping bass, cheesy pop vocals, bassline-esc bouncy rhythm, wobble, and even trance power synths that you manipulate to create insanties of the like we witnessed in your ac slater and jason tyler remixes is just phenomenal – HOW DO YOU DO IT?!
I still listen to this mix on a constant basis: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Z2SRB2Q7 (panacea @ knitefever) (warning DnB/HC/Breakcore!!) I highly reccomend it.
now i’ve heard rumoured that Party Like Us Records is a secretly a clever little nudge at the acronym PLUR, or peace, love, unity, respect – a trademark of 80’s/90’s rave culture! as a youngun growing up today the constant references to this lost culture have figured in my head like some bejewelled mythical creature standing in mist on a mountainside in the andes – WE WANT TO GO BACK IN TIME! your ‘party like us’ remix especially screams 90’s power party – what did us kids really miss out on? is a return to rave what we should be expecting from PLUR?
now for some practical questions –you have to eat one sort of PIE for the rest of your life – whats it gonna be- PURE apple / tangy rhubarb / or summer berries with apricot?
5 big tunes blaring out of your speakers right now?
1 – DeVille – Quente Demais (Kanji Kinetic Remix)
2 – BOLTAN ft J. Blum – Nine to Five (DZ Remix)
3 – AC Slater – Hello (MP3!)
4 – Drop the Lime – Howling
5 – Acid Jacks – Crazy Legs
Honorable mention Jam to rock out to in the car:
MSTRKFT – 1,000 cigarettes (MP3!) (COCK ROCK DRIVING JAM OF THE YEAR)
in terms of new electro producers – who should we be keeping an eye out for?
and what is the new york music scene like – should we be emigrating?
OPINIONS on three of our favourite artists….MUSTARD PIMP?
finally- ON A SCALE OF 1 TO BASS HOW MUCH DO YOU LIKE BASS?
SO IN TRUE WIZARD SPIRIT HERE IS UDACHI’S CRACKING NEW MIXTAPE – ALONG WITH A COUPLE OF OTHER UDACHI BITS OF MADNESS FOR YOU ALL TO INDULGE IN!!!!GO BASS!!!
“There’s nothing i love more than coming home from work on a friday night and getting amped to go out. A healthy bass exercise to work the nine to five demons out is always what the doctor ordered. This mix represents a healthy diet of twitchy bass goodness. I might suggest a proper stretch on some kind bud and dub prior to this workout. Remember to drink plenty of liquids. Happy Modulating!”
1) Flying Lotus Intro
2) Boltan ft J. Blum – Nine to Five [Party Like Us Records]
3) Jack Beats – Get Down [Music Response Records]
4) Edu K – Raver Lovin (Nadastrom Remix) [Sweat it Out]
5) The Prodigy – Everybody in the Place (AC Slater Remix)
6) Tha Qemists – Dem Na Like Me (A1 Bassline Remix) [Ninja Tune]
7) Djedjotronic ft. Spoek – Dirty & Hard (Congorock Remix) [Boysnoize Records]
8) Hot Pink Delorean ft Fantastadon – Party Favour [Hunnypot Records]
9) Mightyfoolz – Amsterdam (AC Slater Remix) [Venga Digital]
10) Mike V – Feelings [Mad Decent]
11) Jackbeats ft Dynamite MC – What [Cheaper Thrills]
12) Udachi and Jubilee – Paypur [Nighshifters]
13) Egyptrixx – All That Jelly
14) Udachi – JellyRoll [Trouble and Bass]
15) Rico Tubbs – New Flava
16) Steve Angelo and Laidback Luke ft Robin S – Show Me Love (AC Slater Remix) [DATA]
17) Rico Tubbs – It Gets No Better (Udachi Remix)
18) DeVille – Quente Demais (Kanji Kinetic Remix) [Senseless]
19) AudioDakt – Ghetto Nonsense (Udachi Remix) [Traktor]
20) Squire of Gothos – Sandpaper Riddim [Electrostimulation Records]
21) AC Slater – Calm Down [Trouble and Bass]
22) Zeppy Zep – Quality
23) B. Rich – Ball Harder [Party Like Us Records]
24) Sizzla – Marijuana
25) Bass Nectar – Heads Up (California Style)